OSSORY DOG SHOW 2022
OSSORY DOG SHOW
Entries taken on field from 12.30 pm approx.
Commencing at 1.30 pm approx.
Entry Fee: €3
- Best Gun Dog
2 Best Sheepdog
- Best Groomed Dog
- Nicest Dog led by a boy
- Nicest Dog led by a girl
- Scruffiest looking Dog
- Best Toy Breed
- Best Big Dog you would like to take home Sponsored By; Alannas Pooch Parlour. Vouchers
- Best Small Dog you would like to take home
- Best behaved Dog on lead
- Best dressed dog
- Puppy Any Breed
- Overall Champion of First prize-winners
Sponsored By: Connelly’s Red Mills, Goresbridge, Co Kilkenny – 0599775800 email info @redmills.com
Sponsored By: Alanna’s Pooch Parlour, Rathdowney, Co. Laois – Dog Grooming with all dogs catered for. Phone 083 0128273.
IT IS LAW – ALL DOGS MUST HAVE A COLLAR
WITH THE NAME & ADDRESS OF OWNER
DOG LEASHING, MUZZLING AND ID TAG LAWS.
(The leashing and muzzling laws only apply to a “public place” in the Control of Dogs Act 1986, this means any street, road, seashore, park, land, field, or other place to which the public have access, whether by right or by permission, and whether subject to or free of charge.)
The laws regarding dogs under the Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 came into operation on the 1st February 1999.
Leashing and Muzzling.
- (1) This article shall apply to every: –
- American Pitt Bull Terrier
- Bull Mastiff
- Doberman Pinscher
- English Bull Terrier
- German Shepherd (Alsatian)
- Japanese Akita
- Japanese Tose
- Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and to every dog of the type commonly known as a Ban Dog (or Bandog) and to every other strain or cross of every breed or type of dog described in this article.
(2) A person shall not permit a dog to which this article applies to be in a public place unless such dog is: –
- securely muzzled; and
(ii) Being led by a sufficiently string chain or leash, no exceeding two meters in length, by a person over the age of sixteen years who is capable of controlling the said dog.
Identification of Ownership of Dogs.
6 (1) The owner or other person in charge of a dog shall ensure that such dog shall at all times wear a collar bearing the name and address of the owner inscribed thereon, or on a plate, badge or disc attached thereto.
(2) No person shall in any manner alter, deface, mutilate or render illegible the particulars
prescribed under sub-article (1) to be inscribed on a collar to be worn by a dog, or on a
plate, badge or disc to be attached thereto, which has been altered, defaced, mutilated or
rendered illegible as aforesaid or upon which the particulars have become illegible.
- A breach of any provision of this article shall be an offence to which Section 28(1) of the Act